Wednesday, June 24, 2009

President Obama On Corzine: I'm Confident He Can Win

President Obama today said Gov. Jon Corzine is a "friend" and he believes the Democratic governor will be re-elected this fall. But the president cautioned that the governor's race will be driven by state issues and New Jersey politics - and won't be an early referendum on his own administration. Speaking with reporters today, Obama said he was 'confident' Gov. Jon Corzine can win re-election in the November. "I think very highly of Jon Corzine. I think he's a terrific public servant," the president said during an interview at the White House with reporters from around the country. "I'm confident that he can win re-election." Read full Statehouse Bureau report here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why doesn't Obama stick to running the country and mix out of NJ politics? I think he has enough on his plate to eat first.

Anonymous said...

Ever since corzine had that incident where he wasn't wearing his seatbelt and he tried to make up for it by making everyone else wear seatbelts, I can't stand him. I'm gonna vote against him even if Al Sharpton runs for the republicans. David Ladimore