Monday, August 25, 2008

Continued Readers' Scoop: The Shadchan Crisis

(Continued) after another date until they have forced the two to marry each other on a pile of doubts. The “he wears pants and she has a skirt” philosophy in shidduchim is the number one factor for divorces in the frum world. I have become very turned off because of some of the shadchanim I’ve dealt with. I hope the shadchanim of Lakewood are reading this and ask themselves, “how have I caused the shidduch crisis and what can I do to solve it?”

A father.

(Click here to comment on front page)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can sympathize cuz I was in this situation quite a few times. There's nothing more upsetting then having certain expectations based on information you've received and finding out differently once you meet the oerson. However, this can't change. There are way to many people (including my sister) who are happily married b/c the shadchan lied. I just chalked it up to golus and eventually got married. I don't see this contributing to the shidduch crisis.