Sunday, January 25, 2009

More Shabbos Break-ins in Lakewood.

Friday night was once again not a pretty site for many homeowners in the East 7th area. There were approximately five break-ins in just a single development.TLS spoke to a homeowner which said " I didn't even realize I was burglarized until after Shabbos". "When I went into my study and noticed my wallet, blackberry, watch, wifes pocketbook and keys were all missing, I knew I was a victim" he told us.

The Lakewood Scoop also spoke to Police Officer Michael Young who responded to the calls. He told TLS, that it seems like it was the same group or individual who targeted all these houses, being that it was the same window broken into, in each house. The lock from that specific window was broken and they just slipped in without being detected.

TLS has also learned, that in one house, a young girl heard some noise while walking in the hallway upstairs-and seems like the burglar had also heard something, and fled.

Patrols and have been stepped up in the area.

No comments: